Tourism licences

Couple in a hotel

Accommodations, letting offices or travel agencies must have themselves registered or licensed by the Flanders Department of Foreign Affairs.

Every tourist spending the night in Flanders must be able to sleep soundly. His hotel, camping, holiday house, guest room, holiday park or other accommodation must offer basic quality at least and meet the demands regarding fire safety. For the manager, the Flemish Tourism Accommodation Act creates fair competition with clear rules of play for everyone in the Flemish Region.

Since 2007, the Flemish travel agencies have an updated status as well. A new aspect is that the regulation also introduces and defines the notion of 'tourism letting agency'. The framework of the act clearly defines who is allowed to call himself a travel agency (or tourism letting agency), what are the conditions and which activities are subject to licensing.


Tel: 02/553.29.50
Fax: 02/553.29.00

Flanders Department of Foreign Affairs
Tourism Licences Service
Boudewijnlaan 30 - bus 80
1000 Brussels

Share with others