Vision 2050: A long-term strategy for Flanders
The Government of Flanders has presented its future ‘Vision 2050’ for Flanders, namely a social, open, resilient and international Flanders that creates prosperity and well-being in a smart, innovative and sustainable way, in which every individual counts.
‘Vision 2050’ sketches a long term policy vision across all Flemish competences (environment, culture, transport, etc.), in order to provide an answer to new opportunities and challenges, and to put into gear the sought-after transitions in the Flemish society.
To reinforce this ambitious vision for the future, the Government of Flanders already selected seven so-called transition priorities:
- Dealing with and being prepared for major technological and social changes
- Taking a leap into the industry 4.0
- Lifelong learning and employment opportunities for every individual
- Developing a strategy on demographics and carrying out reforms to accomplish future care and welfare
- Continuing the structural transition towards the circular economy
- Working on a smooth and safe mobility system
- Ensuring an energy transition
Download the complete notes "Vision 2050: a long-term strategy for Flanders" (only available in Dutch)