Contact us
    Back to overview Send an e-mail

    Send an e-mail to 1700, the information service for all your government related questions.
    You will receive a copy of this mail.

    Back to overview Chat with us
    Your chat session will start automatically after an operator becomes available.
    Please wait while we determine your queue position.

    Home adaptation grant

    Is your home no longer adapted to the physical ailments of old age? Then maybe you qualify for the Flemish home adaptation grant.

    The aim of the Flemish home adaptation grant is to provide financial help to over-65s who want to adapt their home to the physical needs of old age, for instance by placing technical aids or making renovations to increase accessibility.


    You can apply for the home adaptation grant as occupier or as lessor.

    • The occupier is the private individual who occupies the house on the application date on the basis of a right in rem or of a rental agreement for minimum three years.
    • The lessor is the owner-lessor of the house who has concluded on the application date a rental agreement with a social letting agency for at least nine years.

    Whether or not you will receive a home adaptation grant, depends on

    • your age
    • your income
    • your house
    • the invoices.

    Over a period of ten years (from the application of the first grant) you can, as occupier and for each house, apply for a home adaptation grant or home improvement grant for a maximum of three times. You must make sure that each application pertains to another category of improvement or adaptation works.


    You can only apply for the home adaptation grant after completion of the works and if you live in the house. Append all the invoices, as well as the tax notice of the personal income tax of the income year from three years ago, to your application.

    You can apply for the home adaptation grant in two ways:

    • by means of a paper application form
    • by means of a digital application form.

    Both forms are available from the website

    You can also apply for the paper application form

    • with Wonen-Vlaanderen (Housing Division)
    • or order it for free by telephone on the number 1700.

    A decision will be taken within three months, provided the application is accurate and complete. The grant will be paid within three months after this decision.


    The home adaptation grant will amount to 50% of the cost price of the works. The grant will be at most 1,250 Euros.

    More information


    Verbeterings- en aanpassingspremie 2018

    De folder licht toe voor welke verbeterings- en aanpassingswerken in uw woning u in 2017 een premie kunt ontvangen.


    Wonen-Vlaanderen (Housing Agency Flanders)
    Havenlaan 88 Bus 40B
    1000 Brussels

    Tel.: 1700
    Fax: 02 553 82 55