Contact us
    Back to overview Send an e-mail

    Send an e-mail to 1700, the information service for all your government related questions.
    You will receive a copy of this mail.

    Back to overview Chat with us
    Your chat session will start automatically after an operator becomes available.
    Please wait while we determine your queue position.

    Recognition of a Flemish diploma or certificate abroad

    If you want to have your Flemish diploma declared equivalent abroad, you can contact the NARIC Centre of that country. They can provide you with information about the procedure you must follow and the documents you will need.

    In order to provide information about your Flemish diploma abroad, you can use:

    • the diploma supplement: this is a document issued together with each diploma awarded by Flemish colleges of higher education and universities.
    • a certificate issued by NARIC-Vlaanderen confirming that it is an officially recognized diploma or certificate in Flanders that was awarded by an accredited Flemish education institution.
    • some countries require an authenticated copy of your diploma. This means one signature of a person from the educational sector (rector, professor, headmaster, member of the examination board, etc.) present on the diploma or certificate is declared ‘authentic’ by the ‘Dienst Legalisatie diploma’s (Service for the authentication of diplomas) of the Flemish authorities.

    More information


    NARIC-Vlaanderen (National Academic Recognition Information Centre)
    Koning Albert II-laan 15
    1210 Brussels
    Tel.: 1700

    Vlaams Ministerie van Onderwijs en Vorming, Dienst Legalisatie diploma's (Education and Training Policy Area, Service for the authentication of diplomas)
    Hendrik Consciencegebouw
    Koning Albert II-laan 15
    1210 Brussels
    Tel: 1700