Looking for a job
Are you looking for a job? If you are allowed to live and work in Belgium, you can contact the public employment service of your region to help you find a job.
If you live in Flanders, the public employment service is the ‘Vlaamse Dienst voor Arbeidsbemiddeling en Beroepsopleiding’ or VDAB (Flemish Service for Employment and Vocational Training). The official language is Dutch. There are three other public employment services:
- Actiris (only available in Dutch and French), responsible for the Brussels-Capital Region, official language: Dutch and French.
- Forem (only available in French), responsible for the Walloon Region, official language: French.
- ADG (only available in German and French), responsible for the German Community, official language: German.
You need to register as a job seeker at the employment service of your region. If you live in Flanders, you have a national registration number, and you understand Dutch, you can immediately register online at the VDAB. If this is not the case, please contact a VDAB consultant.
If you are looking for a job in Flanders, the VDAB can help you in many ways.
- On vdab.be you will find thousands of job offers. You can browse through the vacancies (only available in Dutch).
- You can publish your CV on vdab.be for employers to read it and contact you afterwards.
- If you require additional advice or help in finding a job, you can call in the assistance of a VDAB consultant to register for job interview coaching sessions or job coaching sessions.
The VDAB also offers many training courses. Please have a look at the training database (only available in Dutch). You can also contact a VDAB consultant for more information.
Other important job sites are:
- Vacature.com (only available in Dutch)
- Startpeople (only available in Dutch, French and Polish)
Also visit workinflanders.be, where you can find more vacancies and information about working and living in Flanders.