Contact us
    Back to overview Send an e-mail

    Send an e-mail to 1700, the information service for all your government related questions.
    You will receive a copy of this mail.

    Back to overview Chat with us
    Your chat session will start automatically after an operator becomes available.
    Please wait while we determine your queue position.

    Reporting violence and (child) abuse

    The Government of Flanders has a hotline to report any kind of violence and (child) abuse.

    The Violence and (Child) Abuse Hotline unifies the existing hotlines, contact points, and receptions of the ‘confidential centres for violence, abuse and mistreatment’ and the centres for ‘general welfare work’ (victim support, parental abuse by children, partner violence, domestic violence).

    Any citizen who suffers violence or abuse or has any questions on this topic, can call the free telephone number 1712. You may contact this number for information, advice, targeted referral or direct assistance.

    The helpline wants to provide the opportunity to talk about experiences and worries and to further monitor cases, whether or not with professional support.


    The hotline is for everyone: men, women, young and old who suffer violence or abuse or have any questions on this topic.


    You can contact the hotline by dialling the number 1712. The hotline is available every business day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.


    Telephone calls to 1712 are toll free.

    More information