The hotline is for everyone: men, women, young and old who suffer violence or abuse or have any questions on this topic.


You can contact the hotline by dialling the number 1712. The hotline is available every business day between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

You can also send an e-mail to 1712(opens in new window). You will receive a reply within 2 days.

Every conversation with 1712 is confidential. Your call with 1712 will not appear on your telephone bill and you won't have to tell who you are.

The Violence and (Child) Abuse Hotline unifies the existing hotlines, contact points, and receptions of the ‘confidential centres for violence, abuse and mistreatment’ and the centres for ‘general welfare work’ (victim support, parental abuse by children, partner violence, domestic violence).


Telephone calls to 1712 are toll free.