ready. You are currently on: Studying in Flanders with a foreign diploma

Studying in Flanders with a foreign diploma

Do you have a foreign diploma and want to study (or continue your studies) in Flanders? Then you should contact the educational institution directly.

Do you have a foreign diploma?

Do you want to study or continue your studies in Flanders or Brussels?

Answer the questions in the NARIC-Vlaanderen application wizard and find out what you need to do.

You do not need to have your foreign diploma officially recognised to study in Flanders. However, that does not apply in all cases. For example, if you want to pursue vocational training at CVO.

  • Stap 1

    Contact the educational institution

    It is up to the educational institution itself to determine the relevance of your foreign diploma. They may (or may not, or under certain conditions) admit you to a particular course based on your diploma.

  • Stap 2

    Still need equivalence recognition?

    Has the educational institution requested an equivalence recognition of your diploma?
    Then you can apply for this recognition from NARIC-Vlaanderen provided you received a certificate from your educational institution in Belgium clearly stating the referral.