ready. You are currently on: Adaptation grant for adapting homes to the physical needs of old age

Adaptation grant for adapting homes to the physical needs of old age

Is your home no longer adapted to the physical ailments of old age? Then maybe you qualify for the Flemish home adaptation grant.

The aim of the Flemish home adaptation grant is to provide financial help to over-65s who want to adapt their home to the physical needs of old age, for instance by placing technical aids or making renovations to increase accessibility.


You can apply for the home adaptation grant as occupier or as lessor.

  • The occupier is the private individual who occupies the house on the application date on the basis of a right in rem or of a rental agreement for minimum three years.
  • The lessor is the owner-lessor of the house who has concluded on the application date a rental agreement with a social letting agency for at least nine years.

Whether or not you will receive a home adaptation grant, depends on

  • your age
  • your income
  • your house
  • the invoices.


You can only apply for the home adaptation grant after completion of the works and if you live in the house.

Fill in the application form (Word (in Dutch)(Word file) or PDF (in Dutch)(PDF file opens in new window)) and sent the form (including invoices and necessary documents) to Wonen in Vlaanderen (Housing Agency Flanders).

A decision will be taken within three months, provided the application is accurate and complete. The grant will be paid within three months after this decision.


The home adaptation grant will amount to 50% of the cost price of the works. The grant will be at most 1,250 Euros.

  • Last revision 23/02/2024
  • Participating network
Logo Your Europe