- passenger cars, dual purpose cars and minibuses
- small trucks requalified as passenger cars, dual purpose cars or minibuses
the motor of which runs, partially or temporarily, on liquified petroleum gas or other liquified gaseous hydrocarbons.
The additional road tax for LPG systems does not apply to small trucks.
- You will automatically receive a tax bill from the Flemish Tax Service (Dutch: Vlaamse Belastingdienst) as long as the vehicle is registered.
- You pay your tax starting from the first day of the month during which you registered your vehicle.
If you only install an LPG system on your car after your registration or if you remove it from your car, you have to present your car to the technical inspection within thirty days following the modification, and you cannot use it in traffic before this inspection. After the technical inspection, the Vehicle Registration Service (Dutch: Dienst voor Inschrijving van Voertuigen/DIV) will be informed of the modification. You will automatically receive a tax bill to pay your additional road tax or to get it back.
You can calculate the amount of the additional road tax by using the online simulator (external website) (in Dutch) ((opens in new window)) or the online application. The amount provided by the application is strictly indicative and may differ from the official amount.
The amount of the tax varies regarding to the taxable horse power of the vehicle.
|Taxable horse power (hp)|
Amount of the tax
|up to 7 hp||89,16 euro|
|from 8 to 13 hp||148,68 euro|
|more than 13 hp||208,20 euro|
Passenger cars, dual purpose cars and minibuses are exempted from the additional road tax if:
- they are exclusively used for a public service
- they are exclusively used for public transportation or special passenger transportation on the basis of an authorisation or a concession from public authorities.