Tour project must fit under 1 of the 6 grant calls that have been published and the topics and priorities included below.
- Projects on the core network (CEF-T-2021-COREGEN): rail, maritime, inland shipping or multimodal terminals
- Projects on the comprehensive network (CEF-T-2021-COMPGEN): rail, maritime, inland shipping or multimodal terminals
- Smart and interoperable mobility (CEF-T-2021-SIMOBGEN): ERTMS, ITS, SESAR, RIS, improving interoperability, innovation…
- Sustainable and Multimodal Mobility (CEF-T-2021-SUSTMOBGEN): Motorways of the Seas and Multimodal Passenger Hubs
- Secure mobility (CEF-T-2021-SAFEMOBGEN): road safety, infrastructure resilience, border controls and secure car parks
- Military mobility (CEF-T-2021_MILMOB): adaptations of the civil-military network to meet the conditions of dual use.
In addition, there is also a subdivision between studies and works or a combination of both in separate topics.
The project starting date and duration will be fixed in the Grant Agreement. Normally the starting date will be after grant signature. Retroactive application can be granted exceptionally for duly justified reasons— but never earlier than the proposal submission date. The end date set in the Grant Agreement can not be later than December 31, 2027.
In addition, the total duration for studies projects should not be longer than 2-3 years. For works and mixed projects, the foreseen duration should be 4-5 years maximum.
Your project proposal will be assessed on the basis of 5 criteria:
- Priority and urgency: does your project fit within EU transport policy priorities, are there synergistic elements with other sectors,…
- Maturity: does the foreseen timing seem feasible, have steps been taken towards implementation,…
- Catalyst effect: to what extent can the co-financing lead to an acceleration/improvement of the project,…
- Quality: is the project proposal clearly described and does the proposed implementation and management of the project seem realistic?
- Impact: on a social and economic level, but also on the environment and climate.
The 2021 Call for proposals closed on January 19, 2022.
Further steps in the evaluation and selection process:
- February - April 2022: evaluation of the submitted project proposals by external evaluators and CINEA
- June 2022: selection decision
- July-October 2022: contract negotiations between the project coordinators and CINEA
- October 20, 2022: deadline for finalizing the grant agreements and payment of a first tranche of co-financing
As a consequence of the crisis in Ukraine, EU actions regarding Military Mobility are being accelerated. The second MilMob call was open from May 12 to September 29.
The 2022 General calls for proposals closed on January 18, 2023. The evaluation and selection procedure will follow the same timing as the previous call.
The third and last MilMob call will launch on May 3, 2023. The deadline for submission is September 21.
The 2023 General call for proposals will be open from September 2023 to January 2024. More information will follow soon.