Working as a manager or supervisor or a childcare worker

  • The manager or supervisor (verantwoordelijke) for a childcare setting organises the day-to-day operation of the childcare setting and is the primary contact for the Zorginspectie (Flemish Care Inspectorate), Kind en Gezin (Child and Family Agency) and the parents.
  • The childcare worker (kinderbegeleider) instructs, cares for and supervises the children.

Professional qualifications and certificates for childcare staff

By 2024 at the latest, everybody working in childcare must have appropriate qualifications. There is an exception for people who can provide proof of adequate experience.

If you are an EU Member State national or equated therewith and you obtained your professional qualification in an EU Member State other than Belgium, you need to have your qualification recognised.

  • Laatst gewijzigd op 22/07/2021
  • Deelnemend netwerk
Logo Your Europe