You need a permit if you have the intention
- to build
- to renovate
- to demolish
- to dig
- to cut down trees
- to put up fences,...
For a number of smaller works you do not need a permit or only have to inform your municipality of the works.
In both cases, the works may not contravene e.g.:
- urban development regulations or allotment regulations
- Flemish environmental permitting regulations
- spatial implementation plans
- special development plans
- requirements of allotment permits
- regulations on monuments and sites,...
On the omgevingsloketvlaanderen.be website you can find out whether you need a permit ((opens in new window)).
Also check with the town and country planning service of your municipality for regulations, requirements or restrictions.