You need a permit if you have the intention
- to build
- to renovate
- to demolish
- to dig
- to cut down trees
- to put up fences,...
For a number of smaller works you do not need a permit or only have to inform your municipality of the works.
In both cases, the works may not contravene e.g.:
- urban development regulations or allotment regulations
- Flemish environmental permitting regulations
- spatial implementation plans
- special development plans
- requirements of allotment permits
- regulations on monuments and sites,...
On the omgevingsloketvlaanderen.be website you can find out whether you need a permit ((opens in new window)).
Also check with the town and country planning service of your municipality for regulations, requirements or restrictions.
Departement Omgeving (Department of Environment)
Afdeling Gebiedsontwikkeling, Omgevingsplanning en -projecten (Spatial development, Environmental Planning and Projects Division)
Koning Albert II-laan 20 bus 8
Tel: 02 553 11 71
Fax: 02 553 83 05
GOP.firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in your email application)