To be recognised as an environmental verifier for the environmental audit as defined by the DABM, you must fulfil:
- the general recognition conditions ((opent in nieuw venster)) that apply to all the recognitions relating to the environment
- and the following special condition:
- hold the title of environmental verifier with regard to the voluntary participation of organisations in an eco-management and audit scheme (EMAS). This title is governed by Regulation (EC) No. 1221/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009.
- Organisations that hold the title of environmental verifier under EMAS and meet the recognition conditions set out in the Flemish regulation on recognitions relating to the environment (Dutch: Vlaams reglement inzake erkenningen met betrekking tot het leefmilieu/VLAREL) must notify the Territorial Development, Environmental Planning and Projects (Dutch: Gebiedsontwikkeling, Omgevingsplanning en -projecten/GOP) Division of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development (Dutch: Departement Omgeving) of the use of the recognition.
- The notification must be submitted through the online recognition desk of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development ((opent in nieuw venster)) (click on ‘Ga naar het erkenningenloket’, log in with e-ID). The recognition shall only take effect from the date on which the use of the recognition is notified.
Recognition as an environmental verifier for the environmental audit as defined by the DABM is granted for an indefinite period.
However, the environmental verifier must comply with some of the requirements of use for the recognition.
A fee shall be payable by the environmental verifier for supervision of the recognition.
For 2021, the fee is €59.
Decree concerning general provisions relating to environmental policy (DABM)
Environmental Permit Decree
Flemish regulation on environmental recognitions (VLAREL)