ready. You are currently on: Using experience to get a higher education diploma

Using experience to get a higher education diploma

Higher education diploma

You can use your experience to apply for exemptions within higher education. Higher education institutions are responsible for determining exemptions.

Below, you can click through to more information for each association:

Visit Education in Flanders (in Dutch)(opens in new window) for general information about the exemption procedure in higher education.

I have obtained a qualification abroad. Can I have it recognised?

If you have obtained a qualification abroad, first check whether you can apply for equivalence of your diploma with NARIC-Vlaanderen.

  • If your qualification has been recognised by NARIC, your job opportunities increase.
  • If your qualification has not been recognised by NARIC, you can often start a process to apply for exemptions in higher education. Other options also exist following a decision by NARIC.