Contact us
    Back to overview Send an e-mail

    Send an e-mail to 1700, the information service for all your government related questions.
    You will receive a copy of this mail.

    Back to overview Chat with us
    Your chat session will start automatically after an operator becomes available.
    Please wait while we determine your queue position.

    Integrated environmental permit

    If you want to build or renovate a house or start a company in Flanders, you must check whether you need an integrated environmental permit (former urban planning permission and environmental permit combined).

    You need a permit if you have the intention

    • to build
    • to renovate
    • to demolish
    • to dig
    • to cut down trees
    • to put up fences,...

    For a number of smaller works you do not need a permit or only have to inform your municipality of the works.

    In both cases, the works may not contravene e.g.:

    • urban development regulations or allotment regulations
    • Flemish environmental permitting regulations
    • spatial implementation plans
    • special development plans
    • requirements of allotment permits
    • regulations on monuments and sites,...


    On the website you can find out whether you need a permit.

    Also check with the town and country planning service of your municipality for regulations, requirements or restrictions. 


    Departement Omgeving (Department of Environment)
    Afdeling Gebiedsontwikkeling, Omgevingsplanning en -projecten (Spatial development, Environmental Planning and Projects Division)

    Koning Albert II-laan 20 bus 8
    1000 Brussels

    Tel: 02 553 11 71
    Fax: 02 553 83 05