To be recognised as a training centre, the training centre must fulfil:
- general recognition conditions ((opent in nieuw venster))that apply to all recognitions relating to the environment
- in the 3 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, the applicant has not been convicted of a criminal offence in a member state of the European Economic Area, for infringements of the environmental legislation concerning the use of the recognition.
- in the 2 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, no recognition with the same object was revoked due to infringement of the obligations associated with that recognition.
- special recognition conditions:
- have effective procedures in place to organise the examination
- organise a regulatory examination jury.
More information on the recognition conditions (in het Nederlands) ((opent in nieuw venster)) on the website of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development.
Validity period and obligations
The recognition is valid for an indefinite period. Your training centre must meet conditions to retain the recognition. These conditions include:
- guarantee objectivity and independence
- organise examinations as prescribed
- have the necessary infrastructure in place to organise the examination
- award certificates and submit the examination file to the competent authorities
- hold insurance for third-party liability, including professional liability, in connection with the use of the recognition
More info on the obligations for recognised training centres (in het Nederlands) ((opent in nieuw venster)) can be found on the Department of Environment and Spatial Development website.
Request your recognition from the Flemish administration.
- Download the application form (in het Nederlands) ((opent in nieuw venster)) from the Department of Environment and Spatial Development website and fill it in. On the application form, you must demonstrate that the training centre meets the conditions for recognition.
- Submit the necessary documents to the Flemish administration.
- If you have a Belgian eID: submit your application and receipt via the online recognition desk of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development ((opent in nieuw venster)) (click on ‘Ga naar het erkenningenloket’; log in with eID).
- If you do not have a Belgian eID, you should submit your application by registered letter to Departement Omgeving, Koning Albert II-laan 20/bus 8, 1000 Brussel, to the attention of Team Erkenningen, Afdeling GOP.
The competent unit will handle your request. This could involve a site visit. The leading official of the Energy and Climate Agency of Flanders reaches a decision within 90 days, starting from the day after the submission of the complete application file.
The application for recognition is free.
Flemish regulation on environmental recognitions (VLAREL).