To be recognised as an inspection body, you must fulfil:
- general recognition conditions(opens in new window) that apply to all recognitions relating to the environment
- in the 3 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, the applicant has not been convicted of a criminal offence in a member state of the European Economic Area, for infringements of the environmental legislation concerning the use of the recognition.
- in the 2 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, no recognition with the same object was revoked due to infringement of the obligations associated with that recognition.
- special recognition conditions:
- hold accreditation as type A inspectorate according to the ISO 17020 for the inspection of refrigeration companies
- or be accredited as an inspection body according to the ISO 17020 standard and supply proof that an application for accreditation for the inspection of refrigeration companies has been accepted by the Belgian accreditation organisation BELAC or an equivalent accreditation system.
Validity period and obligations
The recognition is valid for an indefinite period. The inspection body must meet the following obligations to retain the validity of the recognition:
- The inspectors must be recognised as refrigeration technician category 1 or have at least 3 years’ practical experience in the refrigeration sector.
- The inspection must be performed on the basis of a checklist.
- A summary of the companies that were recognised must be submitted to the Flemish adminigstration each month.
Submit your application to the Flemish administration:
- Contact the Flemish administration:
- If you have a Belgian eID: submit your application and receipt via the online recognition desk (in Dutch) of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development (click on ‘Ga naar het erkenningenloket’; log in with eID).
- If you do not have a Belgian eID: you should submit your application by registered letter to Departement Omgeving, Koning Albert II-laan 20/bus 8, 1000 Brussel, to the attention of Team Erkenningen, Afdeling GOP.
If the inspection body meets the recognition conditions, it will automatically be recognised. The recognition comes into effect from the date on which the inspection body reports its use.
The organisation is not required to pay a fee for obtaining the recognition.
Flemish regulation on environmental recognitions (VLAREL).