To be recognised as a training centre, the training centre must fulfil:
- general recognition conditions (opens in new window)that apply to all recognitions relating to the environment
- in the 3 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, the applicant has not been convicted of a criminal offence in a member state of the European Economic Area, for infringements of the environmental legislation concerning the use of the recognition.
- in the 2 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, no recognition with the same object was revoked due to infringement of the obligations associated with that recognition.
- special recognition conditions
- have sound procedures in place to organise the examination
- have suitable technical personnel
- organise a regulatory examination jury.
Validity period and obligations
The recognition is valid for an indefinite period. The training centre must meet the following obligations to retain recognition:
- provide quality training
- guarantee objectivity and independence
- organise training and examinations as prescribed
- have the necessary infrastructure in place to organise the examination
- award certificates and submit the examination file to the competent authorities
- hold insurance for third-party liability, including professional liability, in connection with the use of the recognition
Request your recognition from the Flemish Administration.
- Download the application form (in Dutch)(Word file) and fill it in. In the application form, you must demonstrate that the training centre meets the conditions for recognition.
- Submit the necessary documents to the Flemish administration.
- If you have a Belgian eID: submit your application and receipt via the online recognition desk (in Dutch) of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development (click on “Ga naar het erkenningenloket”; log in with eID).
- If you do not have a Belgian eID: you should submit your application by registered letter to Departement Omgeving, Koning Albert II-laan 20/bus 8, 1000 Brussel, to the attention of Team Erkenningen, Afdeling GOP.
The competent authority will handle your request. This could involve a site visit. The leading official of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development reaches a decision within 90 days, starting from the day after the submission of the complete application file.
The application for recognition is free.
Flemish regulation on environmental recognitions (VLAREL).