To be recognised as a training centre for technicians in air conditioning systems in specified motor vehicles, the training centre must fulfil:
- general recognition conditions ((opent in nieuw venster)) which apply to all recognitions relating to the environment
- in the 3 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, the applicant has not been convicted of a criminal offence in a member state of the European Economic Area, for infringements of the environmental legislation concerning the use of the recognition
- in the 2 years that precede the application for the Flemish recognition certificate, no recognition of the applicant with the same subject was revoked due to infringement of the obligations associated with that recognition.
- special recognition conditions:
- the training centre must have effective procedures in place to organise the training and the examination
- the lecturers must be recognised as technicians in air conditioning systems in specified motor vehicles
- the training centre must organise a regulatory examination jury.
All the conditions (in het Nederlands) ((opent in nieuw venster)) are listed on the website of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development (Dutch: Departement Omgeving).
Validity period and obligations
The recognition is valid for an indefinite period of time as long as the training centre meets all the requirements (in het Nederlands) ((opent in nieuw venster)).
Request your recognition from the Flemish administration.
Download the application form and guidelines for organising the examination (in het Nederlands) ((opent in nieuw venster)) on the website of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development. On the application form, you must demonstrate that the training centre meets the conditions for recognition.
Submit the necessary documents to the Flemish administration.
- If you have a Belgian eID: submit your application and receipt via the online recognition desk of the Department of Environment and Spatial Development ((opent in nieuw venster)) (click on ‘Ga naar het erkenningenloket’; log in with eID).
- If you do not have a Belgian eID: you should submit your application by registered letter to Departement Omgeving, Koning Albert II-laan 20/bus 8, 1000 Brussel, to the attention of Team Erkenningen, Afdeling GOP.
The competent unit will handle your request. This could involve a site visit. The leading official of the Energy and Climate Agency of Flanders reaches a decision within 90 days, starting from the day after the submission of the complete application file.
The application for recognition is free.
Flemish regulation on environmental recognitions (VLAREL).