Back to overview
ContactKurt.Schamp@inbo.be 0478 88 07 90
- Support poplar and willow breeding program: artificial infections with fungi and bacteria in the lab and nursery with the aim of selecting resistant and tolerant varieties (clones).
- Isolation of pathogens (bacteria and fungi) in the laboratory and their storage (collection) in liquid nitrogen.
- Disease research in various native forest trees: poplar, willow, forest cherry, ash and black alder.
- Development of a scoring system for different infectious diseases with the aim of selecting tolerant species.
- Scoring of phenotypic traits in trees (sprouting and closing end buds, leaf discoloration and leaf drop) for selection in the context of climate change
- Experience in vitro culture through internship and plant breeding department RUG.
|Teams||Wildlife Management and Invasive Species|